N A T U  R E T U R N S

"I went to that house in a coastal forest to make music in the first place; to record sounds of the woods, the waves, the sea and the wind in the trees." -   Christian Löffler

“A key aspect of wabi is the effect a well-designed space
 has on the psychological well-being of the occupant..”- Axel Vervoordt







1. "The Luxury of Humility": Vervoordt and Miki have delivered something very difficult to achieve in a New York City hotel with the integrity and power of the places it references, from Japanese villages and shepherds’ cabins, to old stone chateaus. The massive fireplace stones, the textured walls, the weathered wood, all give the impression of a place and time far from the city. Even the tiny kitchen, a cave almost, has the impact of transporting you to another world.  (read the article here.)

2. You lived in a small house in the woods while you produced your album, A Forest. Did you move there with the intention of making music or did you end up doing it because you were influenced by the surroundings while living there?

Christian Löffler:  It was a little bit of both, actually. I went to that house in a coastal forest to make music in the first place; to record sounds of the woods, the waves, the sea and the wind in the trees. While I was recording and living there, I got inspired a lot by the nature that surrounded me. So I ended up recording much more than I thought I would and gained lots of ideas from there, so it was actually the main force behind my creativity when making the album. - taken from an interview here (listen here)





-----------

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top